In this part of our interview process, we’re looking to understand how well your capabilities match our needs for the position. We’re looking for marketers who can:
- Learn effectively We expect you to be stretching yourself in this role at Visor. You’ll constantly need to adapt to changing demands placed on you. Therefore, you should be a fast learner who can develop your own skills and adapt to new information.
- Think quickly We move fast as a company, because speed is one advantage we have over larger companies. To thrive at Visor, you need to be a fast thinker who can process a lot of information and make good decisions.
- Communicate clearly Your ability to communicate your ideas and expectations clearly to other members of our team will determine how effective you are as a teammate. In addition, you’ll need excellent communication skills to draft marketing content and communicate with our customers and partners.
- Organize consistently Marketing can get messy. With a constant stream of metrics and campaigns, you need to be good at organizing yourself and your work.
- Execute diligently At this stage, we don’t have any roles that are just about calling the shots. You’re going to be taking the shots. That means we’re looking for teammates that can roll up their sleeves, focus, and execute.
Our interviews will feature questions about your past accomplishments and career experiences. Please come ready to talk about specific examples from your past. We’ll also ask you to role play in certain business scenarios. And in certain cases, we may conduct a basic skills assessment live on the call.
We don’t expect any one candidate to be perfect. Rather, each person has a unique set of strengths and areas to be developed further. Our goal is to determine your unique combination and see how well that fits the role we have.
Please bring your authentic self to the meeting; be the “self” you plan to bring to work every day. We’re looking to learn about you in a personal capacity, too. What are your passions and interests? What drives you? Show us how Visor can be the right place to further your career.
How we conduct the interview
We’ll conduct the interview over Zoom. To facilitate a free and flowing conversation, we’ll ask that you be situated somewhere in a quiet room, by yourself, with a strong internet connection so that we can both take the meeting with our cameras on and remain unmuted. For parts of our interview process where skills are being assessed, it’s important that we maintain the integrity of this being an individual assessment. We will record the call for review by additional Visor team members.
Round 1 (60 minutes): Background and skills
The first interview focuses on what you’ve accomplished and what you already know. During this interview, your interviewer will ask you to describe times from your past professional experiences. We’ll also ask you questions to confirm your understanding of certain marketing skills and tactics.
Round 2 (60 minutes): Hands-on exercises
Your second interview will be oriented around how well your unique perspective will contribute to Visor. Be prepared to problem-solve some scenarios with us live on the call. We’ll ask you about how you’d approach certain challenges and projects we have ahead of us. You may expect to do work in a spreadsheet.
How you should prepare
How you’ll be evaluated
- How well we communicate together during the interviews
- How well you can think and learn
- How well you understand general marketing principles
- How developed your skills are in the areas necessary to carry out your responsibilities (see the “What you’ll be doing” section of the job description for your role)
- How aligned we are on the best marketing strategy for Visor
- How well can you analytically break down complex problems